Update 3/19/20 1:00 pm
These are unprecedented times. We have never experienced anything like what we are experiencing today with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The NHBC leadership admits that we are day by day playing this with some uncertainty. However, we can assure you that God is still sovereign and in control: [Psalm 47:2] For the sovereign LORD is awe-inspiring; he is the great king who rules the whole earth! It is times like this that we should be longing for the return of Jesus Christ our King. We can take courage in the hope of the glorious return of Jesus Christ who shall someday establish His kingdom on earth as told in Rev 21: And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: "Look! The residence of God is among human beings. He will live among them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist anymore - or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist."
In order to keep everyone healthy and to follow the guide lines of our civil authorities the NHBC leadership has decided on the following through April 26:
- We will live stream the service each Sunday at 10:30 AM. This includes the music and the message. This Sunday Dr. Jim Thames will continue our study of Romans. Sean and the worship team will lead us in worship. Further instructions on how to connect will follow in a separate email.
- There will be no church activities during this time including youth, Awana, or Easter breakfast.
- If anyone needs prayer, assistance in getting groceries, supplies, transportation please contact Barb on her cell, 469-222-3666 or email her at email@example.com. You can also contact an Elder, Deacon or Small Group Leader.
- Please urgently pray for God's mercy and grace on this world. Be prepared to answer questions from hopeless people who need a Savior.
- It is extremely important to stay connected as best we can. This may require meeting in smaller groups, connecting to the streaming online church service, visiting the NHBC web page, and by all means pray for each other.
- It is also important to remember your tithing – not only for our body but for those outside our church who need help. You can access online giving on this page.
May Christ’s Return be Soon
The Pastors, Elders and Deacons of NHBC
Update 3/14/20 12:30 pm
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the entire NHBC family, the pastors, elders, and deacons have met to pray for and discuss the plans for Sunday morning services, March 15, in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in the Dallas area.
Please know that we understand fully the concerns of individuals and families regarding the Coronavirus. We are encouraging all of you, in keeping with Paul’s admonition in 1 Corinthians 8, to follow your conscience in regard to your decision on whether to come to church on Sunday. Many of you have already decided you should remain home. We fully support you in that decision. Others of you have already decided to come to church if open. We fully support that as well. Our only concern is that we honor God in how we shepherd you, our flock, during this confusing time, and that all of us respect the decisions of our brothers and sisters.
For tomorrow, Sunday, March15, please note the following.
- We will be cancelling all first-hour activities.
- We will have the normally scheduled worship service, but with a few adjustments in light of the Coronavirus situation (no mid-month communion service at the front, offering collected at the doors at the end of the service, a modified (or eliminated) meet and greet time, etc.).
- No childcare will be provided, but children are welcome to attend the service.
- No youth activities will take place tomorrow.
The pastors, elders, and deacons will be meeting again on Wednesday evening to discuss any developments with the Coronavirus and their implications for next Sunday. Please stay tuned.
This is obviously a dynamic and fluid situation. As you all know from following the media, changes are occurring rapidly. We will be monitoring the situation throughout the day. Please check your email or nhbc.net for the latest information before you leave for church in the morning in case changes have been made to the Sunday morning schedule.
Please be in prayer for the church leaders as they endeavor to make wise and God-honoring decisions for our church family. Please pray also for those in our congregation who are at greater risk should they contract the Coronavirus. And please pray for our communities and that the family of NHBC will be a light and encouragement to those who don’t have our hope in Christ.
If you have any additional questions or concerns not addressed in this announcement, please email Pastor Aaron at , and he will be in contact with the elders and deacons as necessary.
In our sovereign God’s mighty grip,
The pastors, elders, and deacons